Your adoption donation will help offer your animal the highest quality food, enrichment and veterinary care.
Each animal species has its own distinct purpose towards our mission...
The BEARS at the GWDC were all wild bears at one point, and they have come to reside here for different reasons. Many were orphaned in the wild as young cubs before they had acquired the skills necessary to survive independently. Others were able to obtain human food, unsecured pet foods, garbage, and other food attractants, and therefore, they came to associate humans with food sources. These bears are labeled ‘nuisance bears’; if a nuisance bear, or problem bear, cannot be relocated in the wild, they are removed and destroyed if a captive facility cannot be found. Regardless of its age, once a bear is removed from the wild, it can never return. The GWDC is fortunate in that we have been able to give these animals a second chance.
The WOLVES are captive-born animals that lack the hunting skills and other abilities necessary to survive, therefore could never be released into the wild. The GWDC agreed to take numerous pups from different litters when they needed new homes. At the GWDC, in their habitats, these wolves were given the opportunity to develop strong social ties, similar to how they would develop mentally and socially in the wild and have since formed cohesive packs. They act as ambassadors, engendering a greater appreciation and understanding of this predator in the Yellowstone ecosystem.
The North American river OTTERS ambassadors have the dual role of helping to educate visitors about this unique species and the importance of maintaining a healthy riparian ecosystem; additionally, they provide the opportunity for grassroots involvement that will ultimately help save wild predators and the wild places in which they live.
The RAPTORS have all been deemed ‘non-releasable’ by a veterinarian, and must remain in captivity. These birds have all sustained some type of injury or were abandoned as chicks.
- No ownership rights are conferred by this adoption. All animals stay at the Grizzly & Wolf Discovery Center and remain under the care of our animal keepers team.
- Not every animal has a corresponding animal plush. If your animal is not available, another plush may be substituted.
- Please allow at least 2 weeks to process and mail orders, especially during Holidays.
- Please remember, some animals may temporary be off-habitat during autumn/winter/spring.
- Adoptions are shipped for free via USPS First-Class or UPS and may take 5-10 business days to be delivered in US only. Delivery date and time cannot be guaranteed.
- For International adoptions additional postage will be charged; please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
ANNUAL ADOPTION OPTIONS
THE PACK $300
Adopt an entire wolf pack and receive:
All of the regular adoption benefits
A mounted photo
Large animal plush toy (12"-14")
GWDC day pack
GWDC water bottle
$262.41 is tax deductible
REGULAR ADOPTION BENEFITS
Certificate of adoption suitable for framing
8x10 photo of adopted animal
Refrigerator magnet of adopted animal*
Description of your chosen adoptee
6 month update
*For adoptions purchased between November 15th and December 31st that are indicated as a "Holiday" gift in the Occasion drop-down menu, an ornament featuring your adopted animal will be substituted for the magnet.
There are no items here.